Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where to Go???
In the past I have fly fished quite often but this past spring and summer I have been too busy and have not been. A friend of mine recently said she would like to like to learn and I am looking for somewhere to teach her. I am looking for somewhere that there is good possibility of catching a few fish. I live in Lehi but am willing to travel. We are looking to go one afternoon/evening in the next week or two. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciated it.

Thanks
Hope
[signature]
If you can wait a couple of weeks for water levels to drop and are willing to travel, then go explore the Uinta basin streams (Rock Creek, Yellowstone, Uinta, etc). You are not likely to catch anything huge, but you can use attractor patterns and the further you get from the road, the better chance you have of finding dumb fish that will be more forgiving of a beginner.

If you don't want to travel as far, Hobble Creek, Diamond Fork, or Thistle are good options, but the fish are a bit more educated (nothing like the Provo though).
[signature]
What about Tibble? It is close and you can fish the stream or the pond.
[signature]