Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
local river,lake,ect.
im looking for some where to fish that i can actually eat my fish and have fun catching them... im around the San Fernando valley and i dont mind if the place 30 min away!

no kind of fish in particular.
[signature]
Welcome aboard and thanks for the question.

I am in SFV as well. If you want to fish just for fun, Lake Balboa has a good variety. You said you wanted some fish for good eats so we will exit Balboa.

Hansen Lake stocks Trout in the colder months and Catfish in the warmer months. Good edible fish and not to far to drive.
No charge to park and no charge to launch a float tube, kayak, canoe, raft or row boat. No gas engines.

Castaic is a little farther north. @5 miles past Magic Mountain. The Lagoon or lower lake has Trout, Blue Gill, Sunfish, Catfish and some monster size Carp that can pull your float tube all around the lake.

There are also Large Mouth Bass but they don't taste good because they are too big.

If you head a little south/east of Hansen, you can fish the Tujunga River. It always has trout in there.

South/east of Castaic is Bouquet Cyn. It has Trout all year.

Let me know if you need directions to any of these places or to let you know what baits work best at each.[cool]
[signature]