Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trout Canyon, Nevada
Ok here is a trivia question for everyone. Why do they call it Trout Canyon? Is there real trout up there? Trout Canyon is up and to the west of Lovell Canyon on the south slope of Mt Charleston (Pahrump, Nevada side).
[signature]
i sure dont know . . i dont think theres any trout there - i would have smelled them!

[crazy]

sm
[signature]
i remember talking to a guy that said he used to catch large rainbows out of there. im not sure if its deep enough to sustain a year round trout population or not or cold enough to avoid the heat. could be a fish story haha.
[signature]
I have heard alot of stroies about this area over the years I have lived in Nevada. Trout Canyon if just west of Lovell Canyon. On the South side of Mt Charleston. I have been told that there used to be trout there and been told there was never any there. I belive at on time years ago there were native trout there. Mt. Charleston is what we call a dry Mountain. Most of the water you find on the mountain is under ground. There are only a few springs that run year round up there. Most dry up in the summer months. This area has one of the largest underground rivers flowing by it at Armagosa Valley. [size 5]So believe it or not! [/size]

[size 5]You be the judge![crazy][crazy][/size]
[signature]