Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
recent Green
I will be visiting the green river this weekend....has anybody been up there recently?
[signature]
It will be very, very busy on the upper sections this weekend. Fishing there is always good in terms of being able to just catch fish. Pick your method. Nymphing is very easy. Just get a dead drift over the fish. Daily opportunities for fishing small dries exist. Still lots of hoppers around, so big terrestrials will work along the banks. Streamers at dawn and dusk often bring a few bigger fish. 10,000 trout per mile, so you should cast over a few![cool] You, and everybody else!

I'll be there too, but you'll be hard-pressed to find me where I'll be fishing.[Wink] (not where the access is easy)
[signature]
There's a good possibility I will be there on monday... as for the crowds... I bet they will be small (as long as the weather man is right) There could be snow and lots of rain... my favorite time to fish the green. Anyway if that is the case the top water action will be non-existant unless the midges are out and about (if you like fishing size 22-24 flies.)
I will probably be fishing deep nymphs, big attractor and a zebra midge.
[signature]