Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grouse anyone?
I have a family reunion today, so I couldn't make it out for the opener...how did everyone do?
[signature]
Shot five between two of us. I'll post a report.
[signature]
41 miles on the quad, 10.1 miles on foot, sore legs, aching back and NO grouse! We didn't even see one and heard only 8 shots all morning. We did see 2 shooter bucks though. Oh well, i will shoot plenty when i am NOT HUNTING THEM![mad]
[signature]
Sorry to hear that Brody. At least you got some scouting in while you were out and about.
[signature]
We got 11 on the opener for 3 of us. Two of us just used .22 pistols and the other "cleaned up" with a scattergun. good times! 5 blues and 6 ruffies!
[signature]
Nice work! Silly little pine hens.
[signature]
It might be wise to check the regulations on what type of weapons you can use to harvest upland game.(Page 18) A 22 isn't a legal option. It certainly is more sporting than shooting them out of a tree with a shotgun but it will cost you if you get caught. It looks like you knew the right place to go. gshorthair
[signature]
Thanks for the heads up! We've already had a chat with a game warden about it twice!
[signature]
My group saw over 30 and killed three limits, even killed a few last year. This has been the best year I remember in a long time for the area I go.
[signature]
So where are you going to get that many..I have a hard time seeing that many when I walk around..

cc
[signature]