Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thursday @ willard
Fished willard Thursday evening from 5:00-9:00. Trolled the east dike with no luck then went over and trolled the south dike and half way to the pole with no luck. On the way back in we stoped at the south marina entrance and stared casting jiggs and lures. Xman caught 1 and had quite a few strikes. Pettyforlife and I had no luck. It was a slow day of fishing maybe the lunar eclipse had something to do with it. Has anyone fished willard this week?
The surface temperature was 68 along the east dike and 62 along the west dike.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I know some guys that fished Willard on Wednesday and caught seven. They were using pearl grubs and trolling on the north dike. They went out yesterday and only caught two, one on a chartruese grub and one on a pearl grub. They fished the north dike and out from north marina.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I'm going out this afternoon and will post a report.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Wiperslayer and I fished from 8:30am to 12:30 on Wednesday, no fish, water temp was 60 degree. We fished from the S/E corner to the south marina, then the island and finally we trolled from the S/W corner to the light pole. Trolled all our best lures plus worm harness and we even tried trolling and casting green headed, white body jigs. I guess we should have tried the North dike but ran out of time. When we went into the North marina we tried crappie fishing for a few minutes with no luck but we saw some huge slab crappie under the docks on the south side of the marina. WH2
[signature]
I have noted not to fish early in the day on a full moon,they start to feed late in the afternoon,The water temp is perfect for them,thats the only problem I can see,I will be out there on sunday,but I'm not going to get there early,I've got a few things I wont to try,and will post if they work,If they dont I'm going to keep them to myself.LOL.

Thanks for the posts,Its nice to get out on the water this time of year,even if the catching isn't that great.

Tight Lines.

Tony[cool]
[signature]
Thanks for a few hours of fun MGB and petty. a bit slow and a few annoying mosquitos but overall a real ncie day. Anyone up for some bug action just walk on the dikes you can play the mosquito dance all the way there. Better catchin next time im sure.
[signature]
Sorry I missed the fun! I am still working 12HR shifts. Maybe I can make some time sunday and drag a few wiper into my boat. I have yet to get fish slime on it!!
[signature]