Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing derby
Took the kids to a fishing derby this weekend down at at hinz park. (six mile and Northville rd.) There was a big turn out. They fenced off about 600 ft of the river and put 1000 trout in it. It was wall to wall kids lined up and down the river. The kids fished from 8:00 to 10:00 and from 10:00 on any one can fish. We got a late start getting there but we still caught 5 fish Actually 6 but my boy threw the first one back in. Good to see a big turn out for the kids. Congulations to all the people that put this on.
[signature]
WAY COOL ! THE HURON STEELHEADERS DO THE SAME AT FLATROCK TOO !

I'M NOT SURE IF THE D.N.R. RELEASED A BUNCH OF STEELHEAD AND RAINBOW IN THE AU SABLE OR IF IT A NATURAL OCCURANCE BUT THERE WERE HUNDREDS OF THE LITTLE GUYS ( 10" RANGE ) AT THE FOOTE DAM SUNDAY .

I COULD SEE THE FRESH HENS AND THE RIVER DARKENED AND BATTLE SCARED MALES EVERYWHERE . THE PROBLEM WAS DELIVERING ANYTHING ( SPAWN AND FLIES ) TO THEM . I PULLED IN ABOUT 25 STEELIE SMOLTS AND A LOT OF BOWS ( AROUND 40 ) . ONLY ONE BIG GUY HIT AND TOOK ME ON A FIVE SECOND THRILL RIDE .

IF IT COOLS DOWN THERE AND YOU WANT TO GIVE IT A SHOT FOR MEMORIAL WEEKEND THIS MIGHT BE A SPOT TO TAKE THE KIDS FOR SOME TROUT FISHING . MOST OF THE BIG GUYS HAVE MOVED BACK TO THE BEDS .THE LITTLE GUYS HIT ANY AND EVERY FLY I TOSSED IN , AGRESSIVE BUNCH OF LITTLE FISH , I'LL GIVE THEM THAT !
[signature]