Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard - 5/23/03 (report)
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Predator and I hit Willard Bay today and had a fairly good day. We caught 3 wipers and one walleye. All the wipers were good size; over 20" and the walleye was 24". We had several other strikes.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We got started about noon and fished til about 6:30pm. We trolled off the north dike about a 1/2 mile off and once we found the fish we trolled in circles all afternoon. When we'd have a strike or catch a fish, I'd mark it on the GPS and we used that to keep in the area that was producing. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]No lure out shined any other but the black & silver wally diver (4") got hit the most. We also caught fish on curly tail grubs and rattle traps. Water temp was 70-71 degrees and conditions were perfect. Warm, calm, and every now and then a little breeze to cool us off. Below is a picture of the walleye we caught.[/size][/font] [center][Image: Willard_5-23-03.jpg] [/center] [center]24" walleye caught on a black & silver Wally Diver[/center]
[signature]
[font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Looks like you two had a great day today, I sure hope that you left some for those of us going out to Willard on Saturday. That is a very nice walleye that was caught. well better get going, I'll post about the mini Tourney Tommorrow. Later Guys.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Thats a good size walleye. The walleye are starting to get active we caught a couple last Wednesday. The wipers are good catch too three over 20" is pretty good. I hope I can do that good tomarrow. Congratulations guys!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Good Luck on the "friendly competition". May the best boat win. We were a 1/2 mile off the north dike with the feed lot directly south of us. We basically made 1/2 mile circles. We dang near had a double hook up when Predator hooked up on one with a rattle trap and the curly tail grub got hit on the drop to the bottom when we cut the motor. Sucker spit the hook before we could get it out of the rod holder. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I caught a wiper on the black & silver wally diver and another wiper followed his hooked buddy all the way to the boat. We also saw some surface activity but nothing that would be considered boil worthy.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Nice fish guys and thanks for the heads up. Wiperslayer and I were out today also but we covered the S/E and the SW side of the lake and only managed one small wiper. Marked a lot of fish in the S/W corner but no takers, we were on the water by 7:30am and off by 12:00. I guess the afternoon is a better time to be fishing, water temp was 63 when we arrived and 67 when we left. I'm glad you guys got into some bigger fish, maybe Predator won't give up on fishing Willard now. WH2
[signature]
Did you catch any mosquitoes never seen a lake with so many bugs so early in the year. Last time I was there they swarmed me, covered my boat at the lake for the ride home and yesterday when I uncovered it at Jordanelle there were thousands of dead ones on the floorboard. Maybe if everyone took a few thousand of them home with them we could thin them out. Oh yeah nice walleye.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]There were bugs but nothing that wasn't tolerable. My boat does have bug bodies on it; most being splattered on the console windshield from the road trips. Last year was a lot worse in my opinion. I bought a head net because they were so bad. One day I put it on and the whole thing got covered so bad you could barely see through. The heck with that! We left![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The mosquitos are out and I was definitely using repellant (30% Deet). That west nile crap is suppose to hit Utah this year and I don't feel like being the first to contract it![/size][/font]
[signature]
Nice fish. It was good to see you two last night. If I ever get a day off I'll have to get out there and catch a few of those myself. I was just wondering, what possesed you to fish willard? I thought you were a Bear Lake Mack kind of guy.[Tongue]

Later

Hobo AKA "The Chad"
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]BIG WIPERS.... need I say more? HA! Besides, it an easy 1/2 hour away for an evening trip.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]It was good to see you too, Mr. Ranger! We will definitely have to go out on the bay some day or evening. PM either me or Predator when you got a day off and we'll hook up.[/size][/font]
[signature]