Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Fish Lake report
Arrived at the lake about 8:30 this morning, the 5th. Nothing new to report. Very cold with temp hovering around the big zero but not too bad with little or no wind and the sun shining. Fished just off the road between Lakeside and the Lodge out about 75 yards. Good bite until the wind picked up around 10:00 and finally blew us off about noon. No other fishermen observed. Glow tubes with minnow half worked well for cruising fish 10 to 20 feet deep. Nothing caught on or near the bottom. Three to one in favor of splake but, as reported by others, the bows were impressive -- fat and fiesty. All were released. Ice is six plus thick and capped with a layer of snow that makes walking possible. Very stormy when we left but should be good fishin' when the weather permits.
Go get 'em!
[signature]
sounds fun but cold. It sounds like you can take an atv out safely do you have any idea where you can buy minnows up there?
[signature]
Not sure if you can buy minnows up there or not. Mine came out of the freezer via Scofield Res. this summer. Perch meat would work just as well and there is no shortage of perch along the weed line at Fish Lake. Sucker meat would work too and is available at Sportsmans and other areas. A chunk nightcrawler and/or mealworms would work too. The fish were really not very picky for the short time we were fishing. The glow tubes were a must for us but other presentations might work too.

Best of luck if when you get there. Just be sure to pick a fishable day. Weather there can really be a bummer.
[signature]
If you can't get any minnows prior to going, just take some nightcrawlers. Start out fishing near the weed line and catch a couple perch. Use the perch for your cut bait.
[signature]
thanks for the info i'll try perch meat. going up tomorow i'll let you know how it was
[signature]
fishing was awesome today- wear ice spikes on boots its slick as sh** up there.... fished at twin creeks. (look at new post for full report- I took a sweet little fall)
[signature]
Try the Conoco on the main drag in Salina. They always have red fin shiners and some chubs.

Good luck!
[signature]