Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a noodle way of fishing
this email was sent to me for posting by one of our members,

[font "Times New Roman"][size 2]I don't know if you are familiar with "noodling", but it is the term for the way Oklahoma guys catch their fish. These guys wade out into the river and feel for holes or logs on the river floor. When they find a catfish hole, they stick their hands in there wiggle their fingers, the cats latch on and the 'idiots' pull out these monsters. Many people lose their lives each year because of this. Some fish are so big they literally pull the 'idiot' under. Snapping turtles and snakes claim their fair share of rednecks too. Here are some pictures of what they come out with. Think about these monsters the next time you order a catfish dinner! [/size][/font] [font "Times New Roman"][size 2] That is why you do this with a partner and tie a rope arounf your waste and you partner hold it while you noodle.[/size][/font] [font "Times New Roman"][size 2][/size][/font] [font "Times New Roman"][size 2]By Jeff Gibson[/size][/font] [font "Times New Roman"][size 2][/size][/font] [center][font "Times New Roman"][size 2][Image: MESS3307CustomImage3052025.jpg][/size][/font][/center] [center][Image: MESS3307CustomImage3068872.jpg][/center] [center][Image: MESS3307CustomImage3071798.jpg][/center] [center][Image: MESS3307CustomImage308868.jpg][/center] [center][Image: MESS3307CustomImage3096896.jpg][/center]
[signature]
I think having a partner is the best way to go. Let him grab the fish while I watch him. That way if he comes out with a fish and a snake bite I can grab the fish so it does not get away! [cool]
[signature]
Nice catch, how big was it? Send me the pics and I will put them on my website. http://www.wheatlandmo.com/fishing.html
[signature]
makes you wonder what monsters our great lakes hold .
[signature]
our cats dont get anywere near that big here in michigan,

but our sturgens will give them gats a run for their money
[signature]

Hi davetclown,

They've got some guys down in arkansas that search out submerged hollow logs and stick their hands down in them to grab the catfish. If the catfish are too far back in the log they've brought along a saw and cut it to get the fish! ha ha ha

After getting a fish, they return the log to the water and come back again when they think another fish has found its' new home.

Anybody know anything about water moccasins... well heck!! however you spell rattlesnakes with scuba gear? yikes!

JapanRon
[signature]
I saw a rattle snake in my back yard today, I wonder how much it would cost me to pay him to move over the the peta's house a couple doors down? lol

he is just a baby, only about 12 - 14 inches long, aint they just so cute when they are that size [blush]
[signature]
lol, LOL !!! OH YEA , LOL ! I WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT !
[signature]
yes sir ree bob, I would love to bust one of them peta perps for killing a harmless rattle snake (yet protected by michigan law as an endangered species)
[signature]
THE NEXT TIME THOES TELAMARKETERS CALL YOU UP , GIVE THEM A REFERAL FOR SOME BUSINESS ! LOL !
[signature]

Hey davetclown,

If you happen to need any rattlesnakes, you don't need a license to get 'em in California. I haven't read of any size or bag limits in the regs either. Oh ya, we're only talkin' about the ones with NO LEGS!! ha ha

JapanRon
[signature]
lolololoolol
[signature]