Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lowrance 520C
I am thinking about getting a Lowrance 520C do any of you have one, or can you tell me if it is a good unit or not?
[signature]
I was also thinking of buying this unit, but I noticed that it has 2,400 watts of peak to peak power and was wondering if its worth bumping up to a unit with 4,000 watts? I fish the gorge a lot for macks, so more power seems important to me?
[signature]
I have the LMS 525c on my console and I love it. Not sure what the difference is between it and the 520.
[signature]
[ul][li][quote Tracker_Guy]I was also thinking of buying this unit, but I noticed that it has 2,400 watts of peak to peak power and was wondering if its worth bumping up to a unit with 4,000 watts? I fish the gorge a lot for macks, so more power seems important to me?[/quote][/li][/ul]2400 is enough. Just turn up the sensitivity. Worked for decades with the old paper graphs and earliest LMS units. I had both.
[signature]
Have you went to the Hummingbird 797 Jim?

I am liking the garmin 400C with a Dual Beam Transducer I picked up last year.the last few trip to the berry was fun learning how to set it up.we had three jigs down in 45 ft and was marking all three.after messing with the gain for about 10 min.

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=8051

Nothing like seeing a fish follow your jig up off the bottom or reel up to a fish coming threw fun stuff.[fishin]

The trick with all of them is you need to learn to take them out of fish ID mode.

I also liked the raytheon L 365 I had before that.
[signature]
Well, I did it. I made my choice. I bought a new Lowrance LCX-27C. I think I will like it. Now I just have to sell my Lowrance X-85. If someone wants it just let me know, I'll let it go for $100. I do have ALL the parts and both the speed/temp and the transducer.
[signature]
If you don't mind how much was your new finder...I've had a couple of the old x models and really liked them.x70-x75-x75 3d.I think thats what they were.Just wondering how come you up graded?

Rapalas R rated G for everyone............................[fishin]
[signature]
Have you went to the Hummingbird 797 Jim?

NO! Nothing but Lowrance for me. I have a couple of the LCX-somethings now (25-C I think). They're a few years old. I haven't seen any improvements I gotta have yet. They're all pretty much the same, only the pictures and gadgets change.

Still have an X-85 too! Great unit, but a little hard on the eyes compared to the newer color screens. My newer color screens DO NOT show any more fish than the X-85, the older LMS-350's, or the ancient paper graphs did. Doesn't show the lure any better either. Like I said, only the picture and gadgets have changed. Sonar is still sonar.

AND THERE ISN'T 1/100TH OF A SECOND LESS "DELAY" IN A LIQUID CRYSTAL SONAR COMPARED TO A FLASHER!!!!!! When I hear people say that there is (The vexilar guys), it tells me they have no clue how to read a graph.

Piscuspersuit has a Humminbird and loves it.
[signature]
I bought a vexilar fl-20 for ice fishing, but I am deploying in Aug. I won't be here for next ice fishing season, so rather than hang onto the vexilar and not being able to use it on the boat without buying the convertion kit, I returned it to the store. and just paid the differance for the LCX-27C. The LCX runs $699.99, but I found an ad for $649.99 so I asked the store to match that price. So I just had to pay the difference, about $180.

Now the reason I wanted to upgrade was I had the X-85 and it worked, I also have a Lowrance XOG GPS. I love the XOG in the truck, but not in the boat. It just doesn't update fast enough, so I wanted to upgrade to a MARINE unit. I was looking at the 520C like I asked about above, but my dad LOVES his LCX-27C and said it was worth the money.

I'll tell you what, if you get on [url "http://www.lowrance.com"]www.lowrance.com[/url] and look for the emultors, you can download the unit of your choice and then manual and check it out just like you were looking at it at the store. No joke, you have to use your mouse pointer just like you finger and each model will work on your computer JUST LIKE you were standing in front of it.
[signature]
Thanks for the reply........[Smile] Thats some good stuff about Lowance............................................Deploying to ?
Hooter patrol was telling me about his hummingbird and I think he said it looks 120' on each side of his boat.that would be a great tool..............................................[fishin]

Rapalas R rated G for everyone............................[fishin]
[signature]
I bought the 520c a while ago to replace the garmin 240 on my bow (I do not miss that pos). I could not be happier with that finder, as jim said its easier on the eyes after a few hours. The only thing I regret is it was in Cabelas bargain cave a couple weeks ago for 399 and I paid like 520... oh well
[signature]
I have a 520c and it is a pretty nice unit. I upgraded from an older lms unit so it would read the navionics card. I wouldnt hesitate to get another if the price was right.
[signature]
JP, I have a lcx27c and also have 5-6 friends that have the same unit and everyone of them are very happy with it. You made the right call on that one.
[signature]