Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
banning costal trawlers
i am doing a research paper for school and i am looking for testimonies on why in rhode island the big commercial trawlers should be ban. all information is appreciated to help support my topic.[fishin]
[signature]
Thats real easy. Look at our numbers for Fluke and winter flounder this year. Eel grass has been destroyed with draggers and places I've fished as a young lad as your self and got 5 gal. buckets of flats are naked. When I fished the pink house there where maybe 7 boats. Now too many to count. What have we given our children??? All areas on the coast have been raped. It's all about the trawlers.
[signature]
thanks for telling me what you know and if anyone else you know wants to say something like that it would be great, and they really do need to get rid of those trawlers, i saw one today trawling along and getting hung up on the bottom destroying everything.
[signature]
If you ever have a chance to use an Aqua-View, drop one down where eel grass used to grow and you'll see nothing but sand and rock. Flounder need eel grass to reproduce.
[signature]