Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First fish on new rod (PICS)
After the spring melt and rains, the water was finally clear enough to get out and try out the new scott rod. I ended up catching two and my gf caught one. She caught the first one, just a little brown, but it was good to see her catch one. I followed hers up with another small brown, but my first on the new rod. I ended the day with a nice brown. Either this fish was sick or really old, because he did not look so great. Hardly any color to him and just skinny as could be. His fins were all beat up also. Here are a few pictures for ya'll.
[Image: DSC01225.jpg]
[Image: DSC01227.jpg]
[Image: DSC01229.jpg]
[Image: DSC01230.jpg]
[Image: DSC01231.jpg]
[signature]
awesome..:-)

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[#005000][Image: happy.gif]Way to go SdDryFly and isn't it nice to get the skunk off of a new rod the first time out.[/#005000]
[signature]
And here I was ready to compliment you on your PINK chest pack...LOL
Very NICE!!!! Nice stretch of water also.
What was the winning fly?
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#ffbfbf][size 4][Image: dumb.gif]PINK - Really! No guy would be seen alive with a pink chest pack. lol Looks like orange or a light tan to me.[/size][/#ffbfbf][/font]
[signature]
first picture DR first picture[Wink]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: dumb.gif]There are two different people involved. One Is wearing a blue sweater the other a brown one. Oh you did say a pink chest pack not a blue one with a pink stripe. Must be using his wife's makeup kit. Oops now I'm sure to get static about that remark.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
my gf fishes with a tye-dyed fishing vest, I use an orange chest pack. We caught one on a pheasant tail, one on a prince, and one on a elk caddis
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Thanks for the feed back SdDryFly. It would be fun to catch them on a 2 or 3 wt. Will be taking those wts when I head out next week. Lots of wild smalley's waiting for me out there. Will start off with a black gnat and a zebra midge dropper. Tied up a batch of elk hair caddisis just for the occasion.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]