Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
east canyon/ ogden river
went to the east canyon on sunday. got there at 6. the flows are higher then i thought and it was cranking. i hooked up with 2 but never landed. one started jumping and came off probably a 12 inch rainbow. at 9 i went out to the ogden river. i stopped at a few spots in the canyon with only 1 taker. 8 inch brown. at 11 went to the mouth of the canyon and thats where i started to get into them. i was there for 2 hrs and landed 8 more. my largest a 12 inch rainbow. all rainbows or browns but 1. i dont know what is was. it was the color of a brown but not the markings. it had big spots that covered his whole body. it looked like a lepeard. very pretty was 8 inches. i would have taken a pic of it but my camara phone sucks. it would have been blurry and wouldnt be able to see it. it was my 1st time at both places and i will be goin back soon.2 weeks maybe if the weber isnt down yet best of fishing to all
[signature]
You were close with the comment "it looked like a leopard." It was probably a smaller tiger trout.
[Image: thumbnail.aspx?q=962216920308&id=f29...rTrout.jpg]
[signature]
i kinda thought it might have been but wasnt sure thank you
[signature]
Definetly sounds like a tiger. Pretty fish aren't they. Didn't know that they had started stocking those in the Ogden, cool. I too fished east canyon last week. Had similar success, just one little 10" brown. Looked real good though, oh well. I used to kill them up there on the east canyon. We had a stretch that we used to fish that used to be called Zarahemla (a camping/resort place). Every cast with a San Juan Worm. Fun stuff.

I went one semester at WSU, and almost failed out because I would skip class to go fish the ogden! lol! I used to love the stretch that went through the dinosaur park. We used to kill them up in the canyon growing up, but it seemed to really die off up there. Not sure what happened? You can still get into them up there during the winter with egg patterns though.

-Rich
[signature]