Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Norman thoughts
Hey guys/girls, I am new to this forum but not new to fishing. I used to fish just about everyday from when I was about 12 to the time I was 21 but have not had much of a chance to fish lately and am just now getting back into it. I just moved to the south Charlotte area about a year ago and have not had the chance to check out any good fishing places for largemouth and stripers. I wanted to get your thoughts on Lake Norman, from what I have read it sounds good but I have never been there. Are there any other good fishing spots within a reasonable distance? Thanks ahead of time for the responses.

Lee
[signature]
Hey Lee, thanks for posting your query here.
and welcome to BFT.

First off, the Carolinas has been formost noted for its stripped bass for more than 30 years, most every outdoor fishing related magazine has put out an article on striped bass in the Carolinas

now if I were a betting man, I would say if I wanted Stripped Bass in the south eastern part of the nation the Carolinas is where I would be headed....

Striped bass at Lake Norman have been known to concentrated in large schools at the mouths of major creeks readily hit on live bait. Stripers have been known to suspended themselves around 10-15 feet deep in 50 feet of water.

You may want to give these locations a go once or twice Stumpy Creek, Skipper's Cove and Hick's Creek, near Lake Norman State Park.
[signature]