Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Classic Champ Skeet Reese Makes Big Splash at ICAST
Orlando, Florida - As if winning the Bassmaster Classic and being neck and neck in the running for the Toyota Tundra Bassmaster Angler of the Year title hasn't kept Skeet Reese in the public eye throughout 2009. The 40-year-old Californian made an impact, this time with his business acumen, at ICAST, July 15 -17 in Orlando, Florida.

Long known as a fierce competitor, Reese has also been an industry leader in the realm of sponsorship, promotions and endorsements as one of the industry's most highly recognized and compensated endorsers. His years of experience led him to Wright & McGill Co. where he went to work with the collective minds of one of fishing's most powerful company's and became a part of what could possibly be a revolution in the fishing world.

The first project is the new TroKar line of hooks that utilize new, higher quality materials and surgical sharpening to create what Reese deemed a "wicked hook." The new TroKar brand has been in development for several years, and is based on the precision of surgical scalpels and needles. "Doctors and surgeons require instruments that allow them to work with extreme precision, and these hooks are no different," Reese said. "The first time I handled the production models; I cut myself, and was bleeding so bad, I thought I'd need to go to the doctor. If a fish even gets part of the point, he's stuck."

The TroKar brand was what first brought Reese to Wright & McGill Co., however, as excited as he is about the TroKar hooks; he is doubly excited about the Skeet Reese Signature Series Tessera Rods that he and the company released in Orlando. "I've always wanted to be a part of producing a line of high quality rods that the average consumer could afford to use, and these are exactly what I've wanted," he revealed. "The rods cost $89, come with a lifetime warranty, and are tailored to my specifications and trademark color scheme; I couldn't be any happier with the finished product."

The Wright & McGill Co. Skeet Reese Signature Tessera rods feature an entirely new blank making process that results in a rod blank that is extremely light, stronger than traditional graphite rods, with incredible sensitivity. Along with the blank quality, the Skeet Reese Series features zirconium oxide guides and a new handle construction that promotes great traction without deadening the sensitivity of the rod. The lineup features six casting rods and two spinning rods designed to allow anglers to fish nearly everything in their tackle box, and they are adorned in Reese's trademarked black and canary yellow color scheme.

"I am really excited about the rods, and everything that Wright and McGill Co. is doing," Reese said. "They are a pleasure to work with, and produce products that anyone would be proud to fish with. The pre-orders of the rods have already overtaken initial forecasts, and the TroKar hooks are the only hooks I've ever felt comfortable putting my name on; these products will revolutionize bass fishing."

Along with his Wright & McGill Co. news, Reese will also see a larger version of his popular Lucky Craft SKT Mini crankbaits on display to the public for the first time in Orlando. My SKT crankbaits have been perfect for times when a small crankbait was needed, but I've been dying to get a larger version, and now it is here."

"This week has been something I've been looking forward to for a long time, and I'm sure everyone will see why I've been so excited."

Skeet Reese is a Bassmaster Elite Series pro, he is the 2009 Bassmaster Classic Champion and the 2007 Bassmaster Angler of the Year who has compiled career earnings that total more than $2 million in career earnings. Reese has qualified for 10 Bassmaster Classic appearances, and has finished in the top 10 44 times, including four wins in BASS competition in an 11 year career. Reese is a 40-year-old California native who resides in Auburn, Calif. with his wife Kim, and two daughters; Leamarie and Courtney. Visit his website: www.skeetreeseinc.com.

Media Contact

media@skeetreeseinc.com