Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
another newbie question.
what is the actual term for those hook systems that have more than one hook? I seen a lot of people using them lately, and the more I think about it, I know why I havent been having any luck. so I want to try some of those out. when I go to the bait shop tomorrow afternoon, what are they called. Like, what would they be called on the package, so I know what to look for?

Thanks
[signature]
I'm pretty sure what you're refering to is a Sabiki rig. I use them a lot on the nearshore/ offshore reefs to jig up bait.

Some of the guys on piers and such jig up and down with a similar rig made of #4 or #2 gold hooks tied in a line. They are usually targeting spanish mackerel, blue fish, or something like that. The regular Sabiki rig you can buy at the store probably isn't configured for this. Most people make thier own large scale jig rigs.
[signature]
Yes does are sabiki rigs, the smalest hook size is number 14, the smaller the number the bigger the hook, I have fished whit this on number 5 for small mackerel on imperial beach california pier I have caught 3 in a row they have like 6 hooks. You could also find them on ebay, cabelas or bassproshop
[signature]