Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clouser Strikes Again
The weather has been up and down here in PA. too warm for walleye too cold for a good smallie bite, so I gave a small creek a shot. Trout were rising, but couldn't get them to commit to any of the dries I was offerring. Not even the BWO Fly Goddess sent me. I thought for sure they were going to be the ringer. So I ended up trimming down a clouser and the bite switched up in an instant. The trout attacked this fly like it owed them money. I would cast it down stream or to the side of fish or the hole they should be in let it sink for 3-5sec. Then strip it back with quick 2-5in strips. Landed a bunch of fish lost a bunch as well. Only got a few pics from the first day, Other pics are trapped in my phone.
[Image: 100_0471.jpg][Image: 100_0469.jpg][Image: 100_0468.jpg][Image: 100_0467.jpg]
All fish were released.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]Hi there tailgrabber - thanks for the tip and pictures. Never too old to learn something new. So how much of the clouser did you trim?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
The top right is the normal size I use for Bass. The top left is the trimmed down fly that worked great on the trout. The bottom fly I tried to make in a black nose Dace color pattern. It turned a few heads but not as many as the flash, chartruse,and olive one did.
[Image: 100_0474.jpg]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#008000][size 3][Image: happy.gif]So I guess that you would call it a skinny minnie. lol[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
wow.. awesome post and those are some great looking fish.. and all from a small adjustment to a fly.. awesome.. [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Sometimes, all it takes...right on Tailgrabber.
[signature]
Trimmed down Clousers......................[Smile]
Man, I guess never know. But hey what ever it takes.
Good job. Keep it coming[Wink]

Peter
[signature]