Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weber on Tuesday
I hit the Weber on Tuesday . I was very fortunate to have a very enjoyable day and stress the word fortunate--- because I have experienced slow catching days. I caught 34 fish. 31 browns and 3 white's. The biggest came in at 20 1/2". Not the prettiest fish I have ever caught. Picture included (safely released). I enjoy reading everyone's fishing adventures on this forum. So, I thought it was time to contribute. Walk a river and have some fun.
[signature]
Nice fish, thanks for the pic! It sounds like you had a great day. Do you mind me asking what you were catching them on? I've been having a rough go of it on the Weeb lately.
[signature]
Rvrrat,
This might be fly fishing heresy---but I tried to match the hatch. (I am a diehard streamer guy) So--- I did an exhaustive search trying to understand the egg cycle of the brown trout. The eggs change color etc. One egg pattern I used is the Otters egg 6 mm in Apricot to catch fish. I threaded the egg up the leader two inches above the eye of the hook and used Crazy Glue to keep the egg in position---this works fairly well. This setup keeps the fish from swallowing the hook. Bead/egg patterns also work well. I hope this helps. Walk a river and have some fun.
---Browntrout---
[signature]
I think thats a sweet looking fish!!
[signature]