Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard report 7/12
[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]A neighbor and his son and myself got out to Willard this morning. We didn’t get there until about 7:00 but still got into a few. Four total, but at least everybody in the boat caught at least one. A lot better than last night (SKUNKED[/font][crazy][font "Times New Roman"]). The young man was a first timer too and I love to see somebody’s first Wiper. They are always surprised at how they hit. [/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Anyway, are we going to be able to get a boat out next month? I marked about 1.5 ft as I entered the south marina. And no rain in the forecast. [/size][/font]
[signature]
I talked to the park rangers while I was up there last week picking a camp site for the family. They said the state government regulates how much water they can let in and they are letting the max allowable by the state right now, which if you seen the inlet dam, its not a lot. He even stated that at this rate, he gives it until early August before the marina's are both unlaunchable, the North being the first to dry up. So, get your wiper fishing in while you can!!!
[signature]
Congrats to the young man on his first Wiper. It's great for the kids to get out and have some luck, that way they will want to fish as they grow older.

Too bad on the water level out there. The water managers really need to wise up if you ask me.
[signature]