Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YUBA 9/27/09
Ok, First I don't post often and read often to check conditions and often water temps and ok sometimes i see whats been hot. Yes, I like the whiskey while fishing.

Ok the fishing trip. Got to Yuba I-15 side with 2 buddies at about 8ish. No buddy around, like a frozen ghost town. It was 14 below. 4-wheeler was frooze and we had to jump with the truck and either. got it running and headed to where we have caught them in the years past. kinda out in the middle of the lake towards painted rocks. We were out by the narrow part of the lake fishing off points. The ride over there was eventful. We had 2 of us on the 1995 250 yamaha timberwolf and draggin 3 sleds with a guy in the middle sled. Came to a pressure crack and floored it and the assend of the wheeler went through. All said and done the guy in the sled got kinda of wet.

Now the biting and the catchin. We landed 8 perch 7 of them being big fatsos 11 + inches none over 13 I would say. And one 8 or 9 incher or so, bait. Caught them from 11ft to 34 ft of water. 2 on crawlers and the rest on pearch meat. One was caught like 3 or 4 ft off of the bottom and the rest were inches from the bottom. We all used our own favotite lures/flies. We headed back in around 3ish the details were a bit fuzzy bout then. (has anyone ever tried Candian Hunter cheap whiskey, man its good) and checked in with 2 other groups. first was a guy that must have parked by the dam and walked over out from the chuncks of comcrete and he had 2 on the ice said that is what he had caught. then drove over left of the dam to a group of 2 guys and they had said they had caught 4. left them and we punched a few wholes infront of the boat ramp and nothing. We headed home.

We did not measure any fish and I did not take any pictures but my buddy did. That is my story and I hope its helpfull. Thanks to you all for posting your fishing info.
[signature]
Sadly enough I have tried canadian hunter only because I liked the pictures, and thanks for the update.
[signature]
Thanks for the report! Besides the pressure crack, was there any slush or snow on the ice, if so how deep?
[signature]
THis is the third post I have read this ice season of around 10 fat perch coming out of Yuba!! I'm heading down soon. Thanks for the repot, glad I wasnt on the free way near you... [shocked]
[signature]
By the time he drank that cheap of whiskey he wasn't driving on any highways![crazy]
[signature]