Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now this gal can cast
this is so beyond great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAaGGrbRELs
[signature]
HOLY *&%&&% thats Lake Towada up near Aomori, northern Honshu japan.... Ive fished in that lake and the river that comes out of it!!!!!! i need to scan some pics in of that place.
[signature]
Now that is funny, most are watching her cast that crane, but you are looking at the scenery. [laugh][laugh]
[signature]
I wasn't sure if that was Towada or not. I take it you were stationed at Misawa?? I spent most of my time further south at Chusenji (near Utsunomiya) in Tochigi prefecture.
[signature]
Towada.. have not heard that name since I left Japan in 89.. visited that lake a few times but never fished it.. I fished some local streams in and around Misawa on a spinning combo..

I was focused on the cat and not the waters.. LOL..

MacFly
[signature]
Very funny stuff!!

Thanks.
[signature]
It is...wonder what weight that is[crazy]
[signature]
did you ever fish the bass lakes behinde the north area following the road around lake ogawara?
[signature]
Thats great!! Now if I can just always get a loop that perfect every cast!
[signature]
Just make the crane arm and extension of your own...[laugh][laugh]
[signature]
Sorry to say I did not get to any of the lakes for fishing (regretfully) ... I only got to a few small streams right around Misawa (within a 5 miles or so) itself.

Looking back on it I wish I had done more fishing and gotten into fly fishing then instead of when I eventually did.

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
that sucks. Lake Towada had some ok trout in it.... Towada river had some great trou fishing, and closer to Hachinohe had AMAZING chum salmon runs. the lakes behinde the north area were fun as hell because of the bass fishing, it is one of the very few bases i would go back to in a heart beat without thinking!
[signature]
as I said I was not in to fishing that much, much less fly fishing (another one of those I shoulda taken advantage etc)..

is Misawa still open?? lol.. not long before I got out (95) they doing a lot of shutting down bases around the world.. Scotland was one that closed and I loved being stationed there).. (another great place I could of learned a lot about fly fishing but just did not know that then)...

MacFly
[signature]
That was awsome FG. Best part was the soft release from the bucket! Thanks for sharing.

[sly]
[signature]
yup its still open and as long as Kim Jong Joke is in power i say it will stay open!
[signature]
cool.. I remember while I was there or just after I left there was talk of closing it down... and that made no sense to me.. its a vital base in a vital location...

I worked up on the hill... where were you?

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
i was out on the ramp. i loved going over to the Hill to do yalls generator maintenance every other month.... you guys always had hot coffee, toilets that worked, and a snack bar that made sandwich's!
[signature]