Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
willard bay boat ramps closed ?
from the utah division of wildlife resources updated 7/16/03

WILLARD BAY - Fishing is fair. Willard Bay State Park has closed its boat ramps due to the low water level.

dont know if this is true are not are just maybe low water warnings but i thought i'd give you guys a heads up

chris
[signature]
You float tube guys, becareful out there, you dont want to want to hit you rudder on bottom[sly]. Seems that a nice float tube is the way to go out there now.
[signature]
tubes or pontoons the rest of the year maybe

chris
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]The ramps have been "Officially" closed for weeks. It's a launch at your own risk situation.[/size][/font]
[signature]
After spending the $9 at Jordanelle last week, I've been debating on whether or not it would be worth it to me to make a trip up to Willard without any experience. That got me thinking about a hunting trip I took up to Harold Crane a couple of years ago. It seems that one of the dikes from Willard comes close to the dirt road that goes into the WMA. Do you think it would be possible to park off the road and hoof it up to the dike. If it were possible, I would think that from there I could launch a float tube or small canoe and save myself the $9. I know it sounds like a lot of work, but I'm a starving student witha a wife that could quite possibly be pregnaunt...so I'm out to save money any way I can. Does anyone have an opinion? Is it possible?

-Jack
[signature]
yes go there thats a good spot more then likly you'll see a few cars there so you'll know your in the right spot you can also stay on that road and head north up to the light pole that you here about and go over the dike there. I'm thinking about going there on friday maybe or to newton after musky dont know yet. good luck
[signature]
actually the road you mention i believe goes all the way around the dike i've been told i've only driven it around behind the west dike myself launching a tube should be very easy right now willard is low enough that the water level is below the dike there is at present a few feet of "beach" so you should'nt have to go off the rocks 4 or 5 of us are going to meet up and fish willard in tubes off the west dike we are meeting at smith & edwards at 730 pm 7/23 you are welcome to come along and meet some fellow fishermen

chris
[signature]
i would fish every chance i got in the next 8 months - whatever, wherever, however!

[Wink]

sm
[signature]