Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Port 1-16 Saturday
heading up to Rockport with a few fellers on saturday about 9 am. Any advise on what or where we should hit the ice for some perch? I plan on having some worms and gulp maggots in green and pink on the ice flies/jigs. any advice/info would be greatly appreciated!! I know some of you BFT'ers have to have been a few of the 200 people i saw on the ice last weekend as I went up towards Smith and Morehouse to the cabin. I will be in a black coat with my black BFT beanie on, feel free to stop and say Hello if your out on the hard deck!! i am always glad to meet some fellow BFT'ers out and about. Stop by and have an adult bevarage on me if you want. I will have the flask, and a 12'er of PBR.
[signature]
perch are all but gone. caught 1 in 2 trips up. the bows are all that is hitting realy well. good luck.[Wink]
[signature]
You may want to try Echo or Pineview for Perch.
Echo is getting a little better Perch action than Rockport and the Trout there are in very good shape.
Pineview is doing the best with a lot of tiny Perch but some toads showing up once in a while.

Try Rat Finkies under a Kastmaster and tip it with a wax worm or Perch eye.

Be sure you are fishing on the very bottom and in water over 20' deep.
[signature]
I seen 2 perch caught in 5 trips to rockport .. They are hard to come by ..Rainbow fishing 15 ft. down -- They are nice fish.. They seem to come by in schools..Southeast side of lake.. GOOD LUCK !!
[signature]
One of the other UT fishing websites is having a little get together on the 16th at Rockport.
Stop by and say hello to them, many on here are also on there. There will be a BYO lunch at the ramp around noonish.
[signature]
Thanks TROLL!!!
and THANK YOU all of you guys for at least some info. I dont have to have perch but they are fun. trout will be just fine. i just need some time out on the ice. I will make sure to post up sunday how we end up doing.
[signature]