Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anchovies
does anyone here know where to get frozen anchovies in the salt lake area and have any of you cat fishermen ever tried them for bait seems to me they would work rather well

chris

more question anybody know where to get those anchovie hooks the kind that have two hooks and a needle that clips on the bottom
[signature]
I think the canned kind would work well with all that oil their packed in. You would have to use a piece of cheese cloth to hold them on the hook but probably worth it because you will be chumming at the same time[Wink]
[signature]
You can buy the frozen anchovies at harmons. They are normally back by the meat counter by the frozen fish. I did quiet well with them last year. This year they don't seem to be to interested. I start out with 3 hooks when I go out with anchovie, worm, and shrimp. So far this year the worm has been the ticket. Still have caught a few though on the anchovies. Hope this helps. Good luck!
[signature]
thanks for the info guys dont do much catfishing i find sitting around waiting for a bite to be a little boring i like to be on the move but one of these nights here i'm going to give it a try one more question anybody know where to get those anchovie hooks the kind that have two hooks and a needle that clips on the bottom

chris
[signature]
[shocked]
Hey wiggy,
Next time you'd better cut that third hook off of your line, unless you're fishing at Flaming Gorge. Page 8 of the Utah Fishing Proclamation R657-13-6 (5) No line may have attatched to it more thantwo baited hooks, two artificial flies, or two artificial lures, except for a setline or when fishing at Flaming Gorge Reservoir.
Justsosyaknow
Fishrmn
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Bro, is this the one?

They sell them at BassPro for 5 for $4.99. Mustad® Double Live Bait Hook

[Image: 493-420-22.jpg] X-strong shank w/safety pin *Ringed eye. Bronze , 5 Pack.

You really don't need them for catfish. Just cut the chovies in halves or chunks and use a big enough hook to wrap it around the spine in the middle when you hook it on. These hooks are used mainly for trolling, to keep a bait from spinning, and to hook the short strikers.
[signature]