Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notice - Turbo Tax users
FYI --

I used Turbo Tax to file for my Federal income tax return this year (as in years past). This year, I opted to have the fees for filing deducted from my account. By choosing this option, I elected to have my return routed through Santa Barbara Bank and Trust, as they pay Turbo Tax for the filing costs and are then supposed to route the remainder of the refund to my bank account.

To make a long story short, this was a BIG mistake. I usually pride myself in being one of the first people to get their refunds. As of today, my refund has been in limbo since 26 Jan. Santa Barbara has no phone assistance (except for an automated system that tells me I should have my refund as of the 26th). I have called my bank, the IRS, and attempted contacting Santa Barbara through e-mail and have no idea where my money is.

With this in mind, I suggest all Turbo Tax users pay for the Turbo Tax fees up front with a credit card. Hopefully, you can avoid the situation I am in right now.
[signature]
so what your saying is,

the irs gave your check to turbo tax.

they got the check and is waiting the 10 days for it to clear in thier account and draw the accured intrerst prior to returning the remainder to you...

bummer..... [:/]

Might I suggest this to any one wanting to use them. Go to the store and buy the program. it is good for two returns and its already paid for, you can then send it electronicaly....
[signature]