Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
flyfishing on weber and provo
Went flyfishing on Mar 1st (yesterday). First I went to the Weber between Coalville and Wanship. I did not see any fish rising so I nymphed the morning on that stream. I landed 4 nice whities 15 to 18" long and lost four others. I think one may have been a trout. But not sure. I caught all on size 18 zebra midges.

I then ate lunch and traveled to the middle Provo. I could see fish in the deep runs and an occasional rise. I nymhed with several patterns to no success.

I changed to a black #20 spent midge and the action picked up. I landed 4 browns and hooked four more that was long line release. And a couple of misses. I will tell you that the afternoon was warm and beautiful. The midge hatch and also a small beatis was plentifull.
I think the next few days will be outstanding fishing...If you can get away....do it....
oh yes....all the fish were returned...so you can try for them another day
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I will be doing a similar tour of the two rivers today. [cool]
[signature]
good luck....
and take some sun screen....

my nose and cheeks....make me think of christmas....(you know...lol...I look a lot like roudolph)
[signature]
Thanks for the report. I hurt my shoulder so I won't be making it this weekend, but sent a friend up. I mentioned the small black midge.
[signature]