Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BFT seems biggest in Utah
So why is BFT so big in Utah and not other states? I go onto a couple other state forum to see if its doing hot so I can plan fishing trips (mostly Texas because thats where my In-laws live and Wisconsin because my buddy is from there originally and he's got me interested is trying some stergon fishing) but no other state compares to Utahs post. I don't know why this is, maybe people in utah just aren't as selfish as other states and we're not scared to share our secrets and success.

Anyone else have any thoughts? Let me know.

Mike
[signature]
i have asked the same question. i post some on the CO boards cause im from there, you would think with trophy waters like Spinney, the Dream Stream, and Taylor rivers people would post more. everytime i go fishing up there though i tend to hand out about 15 to 20 BFT stickers and people want them
[signature]
I doubt there is any one reason but if I had to make and educated guess, I would say it is the handful of folks that were the first to find BFT and start posting on the site. They had a willingness to share their fishing reports with others and were not afraid to tell others about the site. Of course you have to be in a state where others feel the same or a board will not grow. A lot of folks find BFT by doing web searches for fishing forums now but a few years back, it was all word of mouth. WH2
[signature]
One reason is that there were already some very active fishing forums in Utah, before BFT became popular, that were poorly moderated. At least three of those forums have now disappeared. Members of those boards got tired of the endless attacks whenever they posted and were more than willing to migrate to a forum that was more closely moderated. Predator (prior moderator and administrator on BFT) took advantage of what was happening on the other forums and invited the active participants to give BFT a try and it worked.

Many states, for whatever reason, don't have any really active fishing forums, or if they do they are well run and as a result the members are less likely to leave.
[signature]
I must say even through web searches people might see a site like this and just read and move on not realizing what information is put into it and not putting forth the effort to find that info. I personally heard about this website through my Dad. Even then it wasn't till I realized all the good information that he was getting from this website that I really took the time and effort to look at this site and become a member.
Like many I lurked in the background for a couple months before I became a member and started posting. After realizing that there were others out there that were willing to share their wisdom with others and more or less help teach those of us who are still learning the ways of a fisherman I started browsing the site on a daily basis. I must say it only put more wood on the fire for my addiction to fishing.
It really helps that this site is well moderated. Also helps that it is well established in the state of Utah. I try my hardest to sell this site to out-of-towners but when its not well established in other states its easier to move on to the next forum that does have a lot of traffic through it.

In short word of mouth and an already well established group of people really help this forum out here in Utah. Hopefully one day other states will really start to get more traffic through it from talking to the ever growing members of this forum.
[signature]