Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yuba Bound for Easter
Rollin to Yuba this weekend... Anyone have any tips for the Pike and/or Perch down there (other than wait until May, hahaha)? Cranks, Jigs, etc?

Never dropped the boat in there, so it should be interesting. Looks like I may need a slicker...

Thanks!
Here are some of the cranks that people claim work
[signature]
Fish slow and fish shallow. Thats what I would do if I were going down this weekend. I'm waiting till May though. [Wink] A big sented plastic grub or a floating or suspending crankbait should work. Also dont overlook fat wide cranks that can be worked slow and move back and forth a lot.
[signature]
buy ya a package of the berkley weedless swimbaits. there my fav. No snags, bit spend though
[signature]
Awesome. Thanks for the info and pics, hopefully it'll be a good weekend. I'll post the digs on what we come up with next week.
[signature]
I see you're in next months IN-FISHERMAN mag. Biggest Pike in the whole western region. Congratulations my boy. I think I know that fish!
[signature]
Hey, I want to see the picture of WW's big pike[Smile]. Can you send me a PM with the link?
[signature]
Pez, it was all thanks to you! Cant wait to get back!!! You were right, it was the biggest in our region. Here are some pics.
[Image: DSC_0128.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0145.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0161.jpg]
It mentions me as Nor-tah in In-Fisherman.
[signature]
Geez buddy I didnt know you were famous. Did you send those pics in for a contest?
What month will they be in.
[signature]
The guide and the photographer had his head on right, but the angler demonstrated rare skill in subduing the monster fish. Again, I congratulate you for a job well done and a really big pike not to mention your presence in next months In-Fisherman magazine.

We'll go again soon. Steve
[signature]
Haha, when I caught that female with Pez that day he told me about the program and how I would probably win. You can see one of the pics by going to www.in-fisherman.com and clicking on master angler then sort by northern pike and region three. There are two other Utah dudes I know that turned in entries. Perchinski with a huge smallie and Tigru with a "brown trout". Cool contest.
[signature]
Sorry to hijack yer thread MyKnights. Have a good trip down there.... If you get bored you can slay carp. [Wink]
[signature]
[quote Weekend_Warrior]Sorry to hijack yer thread MyKnights. Have a good trip down there.... If you get bored you can slay carp. [Wink][/quote]

Not a problem at all, I've enjoyed reading them... Nice monster fish! That's awesome! [cool]
[signature]
WW what were the stats on that fish. I haven't been on this board much lately so fire them over on text if ya would. There were some BIGUNS that came out last year and I remember getting that pic on my phone! NICE FISH!

By the way....wanna beat that personal best....should come with us June 5-12 Smile
50"+ Musky will be the targeted victim!

By the way...I know you will read this Pez.....check your vmail sometime...or ask the wife about it if she has been checkin it :-)