Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Susquehanna river
Well its easter weekend . and im ready to go fishing. I have a tournament on the river @ Sunbury on sat so wish me luck . The weather is going to be awesome so the smallies should be eating jerkbaits and spinnerbaits. I hope everyone has a blessed easter weekend and be safe
Titelines all
[signature]
Same to you Jeff, have a good Easter! Im gonna go out for a few hours friday after work to try and catch some pike for the table. The sun should warm them up and hopefully that makes for a good day of fishing. Good luck on your tournament, let us know how you do!
[signature]
Will do BPG.
Good luck on the pike fishing . Im going to do that the 2nd week of may. A few of my friends are going up to Harveys lake to do some pike fishing and Bass. were going to rent a cabin up there somewhere so i cant wait for that it will be fun if we stay sober...lol have a good one titelines to ya!!
[signature]
LOL if we stay sober! That might be a good idea, cause if you are drunk enough to mistake a pike for a bass when you grab it, well lets just say you will feel it in the morning.
[signature]
well we dident do to bad in our tournament on sat . We ended up with a 5 fish with 14. 98 pounds . But it took 21 pounds to win. we ended up in 14th place out of 42 boats so i wasent to unhappy. On sun i went to pinchot state park for a few hours before easter dinner and caught 16 largemouth and i had 4 over 4 pounds and like 12 of them over 3 pounds so it was a awesome easter sunday
[signature]
Sounds like you had a good easter weekend. I got out Friday after work for a few hours. We got a pile if pickerel but could not find the pike. O well still was nice to get out. Congrats on the tournament, sometimes those early spring ones can be a real struggle. If you dont mind me asking, what was you catching your large mouth on Sunday? If i had a guess i would probly go with a shakey head worm or a texas riged craw??? I may go out for a few hours early saturday before i got to come home and slave at the house lol. I may take a break from pike since they are being stubborn and try to catch some bass.
[signature]
On sunday I caught the largmouths on a Luckycraft 100 suspending pointer. and a war eagle white spinnerbait. They will be chaseing bait fish . So try a jerkbait or a spinnebait. there were 2 spots where i found the bait fish up against the bank and the bass were there . I seen the water start to boil and the shad went crazy.
[signature]
Thats weird, i seen a ton of bass last friday and they were following baitfish and ithrew x-raps and spinner baits at them and they did not even care to take a look. They were more interested in my boat. They all swam right up to me. My guess is that they have been eating all day and were stuffed.
[signature]
wow that is weird, Try a senko next time see if that works
[signature]
I thought of that but i was not sure if it would work, plus i was after pike to begin with. Think weightless would work or should i use a shaky head???
[signature]
Try it weightless but dont over work the bait. let it sit and move it slow
[signature]
Ok im gonna rig up a rod for bass then. U just watch, i will throw that senko and catch nothing but pike now. Thats just how my luck runs.

I was gonna go out this weekend but im not so sure now, with the cold front coming through i think its gonna get all the fish tight liped. What do u think?
[signature]
Well I hope there not tight liped...LOL. I have a tournament tomorrow on the river so i hope the smallies are eating good . I got all my rods ready last nite. Jerkbaits and spinnerbaits on every rod but 2 of them. Gotta hae a tube and a senko riged up. Ill let ya no how we do . Good luck on the water this weekend BPG and be safe. Remember a bad day on the water is better than a bad day at work. SO GO FISH....LOL Take care bud titelines to ya
[signature]
Well BPG we got 9th place out of 32 boats . It was a tuff bite all day with the cold front. The big females were not biteing they were in deep water and tight liped ..lol But we did catch some keepers to put us in 9th .
[signature]
See i called it lol. I knew they were gonna be tight liped! I did not make it out just cause i was busy at the house. I did wake up to go sunday morning but it was still kind of cold so i was like o well ill stay home.

This saturday is the first of trout and we r not sure yet if we r going for trout or up to Erie for perch. Gotta see if the perch came into the bay first though. If they did chances are good for an erie trip as long as the waves are under 12 foot lol.

Glad to hear you did good in your tournament. 9th aint to bad at all with tuff conditions. I imagine you probably at least got your money back right?
[signature]
No sir we dident get any money back . They only paid out 4 spots.
[signature]