Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Help
I fished the Logan after my classes got out yesterday i have not fished the Logan very often actually this was my third time and the other two were in the fall so i was fishing grasshoppers well any ways i need some help finding and catching fish if any one can help me out that would be greatly appreciated!
[signature]
i go up there alot and fish. was up there this past weekend after comming back from ID, did ok for some rainbows and one whitey, nothing out of this world. what kind of help would you like?
[signature]
I would recommend going up higher to some of the faster water. I mostly fish a large attractor dry with about an 18-24" dropper with a tungsten head nymph below. Various patterns work well. Free living caddis imitations, prince nymphs, hare's ears and pheasant tails have all produced for me. Fish the pocket water and along current seams and you should catch some fish.
[signature]
I was mostly wondering so spots to try. I went above third dam and di a little better on pheasant tails. but i was wondering where all the fish are sitting!
[signature]
above second dam, near the camp ground there is a gigantic seam you can fish, but watch your wading, it gets deep and muddy. i like using copper johns, red and chart. to be spefici in size 20, with a tiny bead head prince in 18 below it.

you could also go alot higher ie. red banks (im probably wrong on that name, but the area way up that alot of people start on) and use basically the same things. with as clear and cold as the logan is right now i like using smaller flies.

oh yea, another area to try, directly above the first dam there is a left hand turn heading up the canyon that turns into the Hydro park... park there and loo across the river and you will see the "lane" that the fish hold and feed at. let me know if you need me to be more specific.
[signature]
Don't waste your time on the slow water. Move up maybe a mile above third dam and fish from there all the way up to Red Banks. The higher you get, the more cutthroat you're going to find too. Make sure you have enough weight to get your fly down in the fast water. Fish behind rocks, in the small pools and eddies, and along the current seams on the larger runs.
[signature]
Thanks for all the tips this will help me out a ton when i head up there tomorrow fishing. i hope i catch some once again thank you for the help.
[signature]
Remember from the bridge at Red Banks up is closed
[signature]