Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bear Hunting
Anyone been out yet? and did you see any?
[signature]
my buddys checked there baits today and havnt had any bears on them yet but they have only had bait out for four days.
[signature]
I don't know about idaho, but have heard that the bears are out in hells canyon on the oregon side and the snow was dissapearing fast up to 5500 ft (until today im sure it got some new). I am headed for my bear hunt in two weeks over there and have had reports that bears are getting a little active. Went out on a drive around Ola and high valley last weekend to see how the grass is coming in at higher elevations and it seemed like it should be right around the corner. Did some glassing but wasn't really expecting to see much. Not really into hunting over bait so i don't know if they are seeing bears.
[signature]
i will be trying to stick one with my new dxt here in the next couple weeks or so i am going to be hunting over bait however because its kind of hard to kill one with a bow and not use bait.
[signature]
I went and checked my bait yesterday and it had not been hit. It had been there for about 4 days. I went to move the location to a different place and got stuck in some snow. Needless to say my 3 hour excursion turned into an 8 hour one. I did see some wolf tracks though. Kind of crazy.
[signature]
i dont think they are quite active yet i think in the next week or two they will really start moving around.
[signature]
I was thinking the same thing...
[signature]
They are active. On April 15th when I was turkey hunting I cut tracks of 3 different sized bears. They are moving.
[signature]
one of my baits has been getting hit hard in the last two weeks my buddy and i have sat it a few times but havnt seen anything yet.
[signature]
Chrome_junky, what area do you have your bait set up? I have two bait spots set up near Kilgore and both have been getting hammered. I have a buddy with dogs that we are gonna run off the baits soon...if you really want to get a bear that's what you need to do too. Let me know if you want to run some dogs off of your bait and I'm sure we can get you your bear..
[signature]
You don't HAVE to run them with dogs. I've killed 3 bears on baits all without dogs. Sometimes it just takes patience.
[signature]
i am sitting a stand by it and its been getting hit pretty hard. yeah i will let you know if i could use some help tob4002.
[signature]