Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Catchy little tune
[#800000][size 4]Makes sense to me - Click[/size][/#800000] [url "http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=x2G3wGVAnlQ"]here[/url].
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 82 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Great song, thanks for sharing the link Bob. I think she is right and all I can say is, it's about time.
[signature]
I've seen this before, but it was worth watching again. Lets get it back in November. Thanks for the post.
[signature]
just more racist bs from the right

sm
[signature]
LOL, sure is funny the liberal bs that you folks use, racist, not even close, truth, yes. That song isn't just about giving libs the boot. it's every one of the career
Politicians that are part of the problem that need the boot, no matter what party they are from. Did you even listen to the song?
[signature]
[quote southernman]just more racist bs from the right[/quote][size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Racist? RACIST? That is about the longest stretch of an imagination I’ve ever seen. I’ve looked at this video from every angle that’s possible and there just aren’t any racist remarks spoken (excuse me - sung) anywhere. There was not ONE sentence that mentions race anywhere in it. There was not ONE sentence that mentions a political affiliation anywhere in it. There was not ONE sentence that mentions a religion anywhere in it. There was not ONE sentence that mentions an ethnic background anywhere in it. So why do YOU say it’s racist?[/#800000][/font][/size]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4] [/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Can you point out just ONE example of what you think makes it racist? Just one; come on, you can do it. You can do it can’t you? Just one?[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Well dubob, i see you've met SM. He's our other side of the coin that keeps us thinking. [Wink] Good fisherman as well. No SM it's about getting the old boys out no matter what party. I'll be voting against some repubs as well as an independent. We've lost control as a people to have them govern the way we want, not what they want us to do. I'll always cross party lines if it's a good candidate.
[signature]
oh sure it seems ok on its face, unless you think for a second, and crack 'the code', and understand what 'takin back our country' really means . . nuff said

[url "http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/4/21/859405/-What-does-take-back-our-country-REALLY-mean"]http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/4/21/859405/-What-does-take-back-our-country-REALLY-mean[/url]

sm
[signature]

[signature]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]SM,[/#800000][/font][/size]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4][/size][/#800000][/font]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]You can NOT be serious. You are going to use Steven Colbert and/or Jon Stewart as your example? You’re going to use the words of political satirists to back up your claim that the song ‘Takin’ back our country” is racist? Do you have any idea at all about what political satire means? Are you even remotely aware that Steven Colbert and Jon Stewart are political satirists? You can’t POSSIBLY think for one second that they are serious journalists; can you? Here, let me give you a down and dirty definition of Political Satire.[/#800000][/font][/size]
[size 4][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000]Political satire is a significant part of satire that specializes in gaining entertainment from politics. Political satire is usually distinguished from political protest or political dissent, as it does not necessarily carry an agenda nor seek to influence the political process. While occasionally it may, it more commonly aims simply to provide entertainment. By its very nature, it rarely offers a constructive view in itself; when it is used as part of protest or dissent, it tends to simply establish the error of matters rather than provide solutions. Colbert and Stewart are never considered protesters or dissenters in their broadcasts; they are first and foremost entertainers.[/#800000][/font][/size]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]So, I guess you really can’t point out just one example of what you think makes the song racist. I kind of thought that might be the case. So be it. Good luck to you going through life thinking and believing that satire is reality. You’re going to need all the help you can get.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
dubob,

I find your response demeaning and condescending, but that happens alot when dealing with repooplinuts - u see while sure theres satire and hyperbole, theres alos a lot of truth.... while i wont bother going into details, as im much to busy to try to edumucate the likes of you, understand repooplinuts are the party of the tea baggers, the racists, the magic underwear wearing, evolution hating, scientist non-believing racist white scum. It doesnt matter if your not a racist p.o.s., your buddies are...and the people you identify with and are always pointing the finger at . . .yeah youre the finger pointers, the killers, the war lovers, the haters. . . youre the idiots who dont believe in climate change, youre the idiots who believe that the civil war wasnt about slavery, youre the idiots who would like to nuke every muslim in the world, youre the idiots who love god and baby rapers, youre the mofos that want to beat up gays, youre the slobs who shouted drill baby drill, youre the religous nuts who kept americans from having their civil rights

oh and i got news for you, your country has never existed but in your own sick little minds, nobody took your country back, YOU LOST

so post your racist bs, u [font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2][no personal attacks][/size][/#ff0000][/font], and remember denial is not a river in egypt

sm
[signature]
Let's keep it to heated debate and bashing political views and politicians, not bashing each other, thanks. [cool]
[signature]
[quote gdn443]Well dubob, i see you've met SM. He's our other side of the coin that keeps us thinking. [Wink][/quote]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]SM is one sick person. It's not often I see a person filled with that much hate and loathing for others that don't share their view of the world. I haven't seen that much venom thrown my way in a very long time. Now that I know that intelligent dialog is not possible with this individual, I can completely ignore his posts.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
hey that sounds like a personal attack . . hahaha

sm
[signature]

[signature]