Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A blustery Smith and Morehouse
MaDfisher55 and I headed out early this morning and got to Smith and Morehouse just after sun up. Weather was decent not much wind. We proceeded to set up and head out. Just as we hit the water. BAM the wind picked up and blew and blew and blew. Good thing we both have motors we were able to stay out longer.[cool] I had a couple of hits on the olive woolly bugger and Mark was able to hook up into two of the rainbows. He said that they were rather small and skinny. After we got blown off the lake we headed to the river above the lake. Running high and fast. Found a couple of holes but nothing wanting our bugs. Still a great day to play.[cool] The water temps were around 45 and the water was murky from the runoff.
[signature]
From your pictures I can tell that is a "little" windy
out there. But hey, better then sit at home [Smile]
Good job and thanx for sharing.

Peter
[signature]
What the HECK were you thinking!!!!! [laugh]
The weather report was wind warnings, so I didn't even try the honey holes.
But what the heck, wind has never REALLY stopped me.[Wink]
[signature]
Yeah we are crazy. [:p] Last year Mark and I were out on Utah lake in a wind storm. Didn't last long there though. [Wink] When you gotta fish you gotta fish.[sly]
[signature]
Ain't that the truth! Love the shots by the way.
[signature]
I have fished in some crazy weather before so i know
what you mean...............[Wink]

Peter
[signature]
Glad to see you still got out there, beautiful scenery out there!!! Not as much nature to admire around here. Do you see alot of wildlife at the waters edge from out on the water?
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There's a fine line between dedicated and foolish.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]When are you guys ready to try for some Huntington tigers? They should be getting more active soon...after the runoff clears a bit. I heard the lake is high and murky.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Yeah I saw a couple of deer on the mountain side.
[signature]
We checked the weather report before we went and it was saying wind and rain in the afternoon. It started out that way when we got there then the wind did pick up. So we tried to do it while it was not so windy. One thing that I did find interesting though, while the rest of the lake had choppy whitecaps, the back of the lake near the inlet was as calm as could be. Didn't work out that way though. For Huntinton tigers, I am ready anytime.
[signature]