Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
silverwood
[left]Whats up? I went to silverwood twice this week and it has been awhile since I have posted on it . My buddies and I went last tuesday on the back side of the lake (around the dam) . Conditions were sweet , we caught 9 stripers on anchovies . I would say that 5 out of the nine were good pan size fish . All nine were caught within a three hour period (7pm to 10pm) . Check it out if you get the chance , it will only get better as the weather starts to cool down . I went again this morning in my float tube . The gates open at six and I was able to go out in board shorts and fins , it was nice with the water temp around 73 . I caught three small stripers on a 2 1/2 inch Pinsminnow (chrome) . There was tons of shad in the water , and the largemouth werent bitting . I was with two other guys and they both were hooking up on cats in the deeper water on nightcrawlers , they were around 2 to 3 pounds . [/left] [left] check it out and good luck . [/left] [left] Kzilla[/left] [left] [/left] [left] [/left]
[signature]

Hey there kzilla02,

Thank you for the great report. I'm mostly a saltwater guy so it's good to hear from the 'other side'. ha ha But then again, stripers are sorta an 'in the middle' fishy being both migrant and landlocked.

On the float tube, I'll bet a big clouser, crazy charley, or bunder fly resembling the shad would just slaughter them.

Obviously, you can fish them at night too as you were there 7 to 10pm. What time do they close during the summer? I might just take my 10# rod with 250 grain fast sinking line out there for a try on those stripers.

Again thanks for the heads up. I'm being forced to fish Catalina and the Huntington Flats the next three days so I'll have to plan for a Friday sometime.

JapanRon
[signature]
ah poor baby! FORCED TO FISH! why are you complaining?!?!?![crazy][crazy][crazy] your nuts!

joe
[signature]