Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tippy Dam Fishing Report
Did Tippy Dam yesterday with one of my brothers from Maine yesterday , he said the fishing was better than anything they had in their state . The fish we put back would have the locals in his area talking about the big ones that were cought for weeks .
Most of the browns we cought were just a half inch short of being legal .
My bro hooked into his first steelhead but lost it , none the less he was thrilled to fight it for those few minutes it was on .
You should have seen the look on his face when we had a King surface just feet away from us , it was priceless to see his eyes pop and his words come out faster than he could talk , LOL !
So , we cought a bunch of under sized cromers , undersized browns , a couple suckers that put up a fight and one 19" channel cat .
They are doing some work on the Brethren side of the coffer , just speculating but I do think it might be some type of fish ladder . there is also a "V" shaped outcropping of bolders at the center bottom of the spillway .
I am wondering if these improvements will be the end of fishing the coffer area like they have at the rest of the dams in the state .
Time will tell .
[signature]
you got my interest yes im back and reaqdy for salmon will be that way in a few weeks i will also be taking my regular trip to the betsie last week in august everybody get there gear ready .im guessing the summer steelies are there now glad your out there doing the scouting for us thats cool
[signature]
Let me know when your going on a weekend.
I will be gone for a couple weekends in september on business, but other than that I should be free for fishing [cool].
[signature]
same trip as last year last week in august well try the timing together before then well let everyone chime in on this trip should be fun just hope its as good as last years ok i know its early
[signature]