Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virgin River
Planning a trip to Zion National Park in late sept. or early oct. I was curious about fishing in the park. Apparently you can fish in certain areas. Any tips or suggestions?
[signature]
OK I'll give you the scoop since you asked. Despite what every body swears for decades you can catch trout in the Virgin River Forks and tributaries in Zion. When they tell you there aren't any trout ask if they've ever tried. Late Sept or early October can still be extremely hot so the further upstream the better. Now if the next time I'm down there in the fall or winter and it's combat fishing like Yellowstone NP I'm going to keep my mouth shut about fishing in Southern Utah from now on[Wink].
[signature]
do you know if there are any special regulations?
[signature]
Just Utah Fishing Regulations apply. Only special regulations that apply are there are limits and permits needed for some hikes such as the Subway (L Fork of North Creek). That and the NP don't allow dogs in the backcountry[Sad] so I don't actually fish it most trips down. Plus most of my trips are winter and trout can be found at warmer lower elevations elsewhere that time of year. North Fork of the Virgin and North Creek hold the most trout. If you only have time to hit one I'd suggest North Creek.
[signature]