Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waiting for Deer Season.
I can't wait until October gets here. I finally got my pistol put together and sighted in today. I should be good for 100 yds. The pistol will take a deer at 300 yds, but I think 100 yds is the max for me after sighting it in today. Just to hard to hold it still. Up and down is no problem, but left to right is tough. Maybe after a little more practice I can get good enough to attempt 200 yds. The pistol is a S&W 460 with a 5" barrel and a Leupold 2.5 x 8 scope. So much fun to shoot.

[inline SW460.jpg]

[inline "SW 460.jpg"]
[signature]
now that is a gun, that would be some fun. good luck
[signature]
Very nice! Can't wait to hear about the deer you take with it.
[signature]
Looks like you better start blasting those forearms with some wrist curls[Image: happy.gif]
[signature]
[quote X2FSH] Looks like you better start blasting those forearms with some wrist curls[/quote]

Overall this pistol is a blast to shoot. I put 60 rounds through it last weekend sighting it in with no problem at all. The kick is not as bad as people think. It is heavy, but it seems to help hold it more steady when shooting. I am using Hornady 200gr FTX rounds right now. Very clean shooting rounds. The worse thing about this pistol is the noise. It is VERY loud. Hearing protection is a must. It also thumps you in the chest from the percussion and shoots flames out of the compensator about18". I am sure it would kick like a mule with 395gr bullets, but no need for something that big for deer. The 200gr leaves a massive hole as it is. Here is a pic of the 460 round next to a 30-06 round. Not a lot of difference. The 460 is shorter, but it is bigger around. The 2 rounds have about the same amount of powder, but quite a bit more lead with the 460.

[inline 460round.jpg]
[signature]
immpressive cartridge. what is the muzzle velocity with that 200 grn. pill ?
[signature]
Premium components and propellants team with Hornady's 200-gr. FTX bullets to produce a hard-hitting, flat-shooting handgun round capable of taking game out to 200 yards. These bullets leave the barrel at 2,200 fps and still retain more than 1,300 ft.-lbs. of energy at 100 yards.
[signature]
impressive balistics. good luck on your hunt !
[signature]
How much does a gun like that cost? I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me get a handgun.. haha
[signature]
Not cheap. Pistol was $1100 and the scope was $400.
[signature]
[quote tob04002]How much does a gun like that cost? I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me get a handgun.. haha[/quote] Tell her it's an investment [Wink]
[signature]