Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evinrude Angler Takes Home The FLW Walleye Tour Angler Of The Year Award
Sturtevant, Wisconsin - Evinrude professional walleye angler and Isle, Minnesota native, Paul Meleen, has been crowned FLW Walleye Tour Angler of the Year for 2010. After a successful season, Meleen received the award with 818 points over six qualifying events, after fishing the required Eastern and Western divisions on the FLW Walleye Tour.

"We are extremely proud of Paul for winning this very prestigious award," stated Steve Laham, vice president, Sales, Marketing and After-sales Service for Evinrude. "He has worked hard to earn this position and adds another Angler of the Year title to our roster of eight wins since 2001," he added.

Meleen stated, "Winning Angler of the Year means I was the best out there in 2010 and that is something no one can take away from me. I could not have had the year I've had without the right equipment - powering with an Evinrude E-TEC allowed me to focus on my fishing, which has resulted in a winning season."

Meleen was also recently named to the Evinrude E-TEAM ambasSador program. E-TEAM members tour the U.S. outfitted with the most reliable outboard technology on the market, Evinrude E-TEC, sharing real experiences and interacting with fans via the brand's new blog - EvinrudeEteam.com, and E-TEAM Facebook, YouTube and Flickr pages.

Meleen will get the opportunity to add to his career earnings of over $100,000 at the 2010 FLW Walleye Tour Championship, to be held September 22-25 on Leech Lake in Walker, Minnesota.

Evinrude engines' reputation for dependability, quality and reliability coupled with the fact that Evinrude E-TEC is the only outboard with no dealer scheduled maintenance for 3 years or 300 hours makes the decision to power with Evinrude E-TEC an easy one. Having the lowest operating costs of any outboard engine means that powering with an Evinrude E-TEC can save consumers up to $1,600 per year in fuel and maintenance costs.

BRP's Evinrude E-TEC engine line-up now includes 98 engine models from 15- to 300- horsepower. All engines are available at Evinrude dealerships worldwide. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/brpevinrude.com or visit www.evinrude.com for more information.

Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. (BRP), a privately-held company, is a world leader in the design, development, manufacturing, distribution and marketing of motorised recreational vehicles. Its portfolio of brands and products includes: Ski-Doo and Lynx snowmobiles, Sea-Doo watercraft and sport boats, Evinrude and Johnson outboard engines, direct injection technologies such as E-TEC, Can-Am all-terrain vehicles and roadsters, as well as Rotax engines and karts.

www.brp.com

Ski-Doo, Lynx, Sea-Doo, Evinrude, Johnson, Can-Am, Rotax, E-TEC and the BRP logo are trademarks of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates.