Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Teton River
I'm still trying to figure out a good road trip for myself and was thinking about trying the Teton River in Idaho. Has anyone on here fished that. I'm curious about access points. I would like to fish both the flatter water and then some of the canyon sections. Hiking to get away from people would be good. If anyone can give me info on accessing the river it will be much appreciated. Thanks.
[signature]
did you post this on the Idaho board too? If not that is what I would suggest.
[signature]
FYI, Idaho still respects the laws, traditions and multiple Supreme Court hearings affirming the right of Americans to access waterways ( unlike the criminal actions here in Utah ongoing for several decades). So read the fine print in their fishing declaration ( page 15) about highwater mark etc but you can access the Teton River at any legal right a way such as a road or bridge. The Idaho 2008-2009 declaration has been extended through 2010. Page 15 is a good read because it's definations and rules are based on a very good understanding of American law regarding waterways belonging to the public. I've only fished the Teton river once so I won't point you in any direction but it was very easy to find solitude with their access rules.
[signature]