Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tibble Fork/Silver Lake AF canyon 9/11
Work messed up full day plans so we took an afternoon trip up American Fork Canyon. Loved the scenery and mountains up there!!

Headed up about 10:30am arrived at Tibble right about 11:30 from SLC. got us a spot on the road side of the lake next to the stream inlet down towards the dam. fished till about 2pm with nothing but a few follows. then i started using a fly behind my slip bobber, had a bunch of lookers but no takers.

Wifed decided she wanted to drive around a bit and see what was further up the road, not much but the camp ground and a little 3 mile dirt road leading to silver lake.

so we used the jeep for what it was built and headed up the dirt road, pretty bumpy the way I like it! got to silver and within 15 minutes using the fly and bobber had a nice rainbow hatchery pet on the stringer, only about 14 inches, but it will make a good meal. then the same story lots of lookee loos but no more takers. it was now about 4pm so we packed it up and headed back to SLC.

weather was GREAT, sunny and warm, unitl the breeze showed up making it down right chilly. needed the hoodies on most of the time.

I was looking around trying to figure out how to get to the other side of Tibble? do you walk across the dam and go over there, some of the spots near the pines at waters edge looked great!! will have to explore over there next time.

great day out with my girls. wife and 2 daughters. just wish I could have gotten them on more fish. [:/]
[signature]
Great Post, glad you got some fish. That is a great area.

To get to the other side you are not allowed to cross by the dam, you can fish from it, but in the corner there is a fence and spillway with no trespassing. You need to go around by the stream and cross there, usually not deep or wide in some places you can hop over. Great fishing on the Mountain side....very deep.

Shawn M
[signature]
thanks killr.
[signature]