Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got a leaky Toon
Hey all,
Got a Trout unlimited colorado toon with a leak. The leak
is by the valve at one on the velcro squares. Do I cut out the whole square and try a three inch patch? Or is there some other way to seal this leak?
[signature]
Not sure exactly what you're talking about but Aquaseal will almost surely work. The stuff is incredible and usually tougher than the material you are patching.
[signature]
The problem is the 2 inch square velcro that is adhered to the tube. The leak is due to the velcro tearing and creating a small hole next to its seam. I'm not sure if Aquaseal will adhere to a vinyl tube (might be poly). I will try it before I cut a bigger hole to remove the velcros seam. Thanks
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Aquaseal will stick to almost any material used for air bladders, waders, tents, etc. As long as the surface is not oily it will bond. Clean it good with alcohol first and you should be good to go.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Ok I will give it a shot. Thanks
[signature]
You say Velcro, is it the cover or the bladder?
Is the Velcro on the bladder and if so, why?
It is definitely vinyl which make Aqua Seal your option. Just give it a good day to cure[Wink]
[signature]
I m sure the velcro on the bladder is to align the valve to the hole in the cover. There are several on the bladder to help alignment while inflating. I have some aquaseal on the hole now.Curing now. Got my fingers crossed.
[signature]
That is about all any of us could do at this point..[Wink] Good luck and stay in touch.
[signature]
It'll work.
[signature]
Thank you, the Aquaseal did the trick. Hit Mantua Saturday with Joe. We are still into the Trout and Bass.Joes toon held up great.
[signature]