Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new record shot in idaho
?? Has anyone heard this? this guy i work with showed me some pics of a bull he claims his cousin shot in dimaond creek zone during archery.... this bull if lagit will score 430 plus. ill have to get some pics on here. anyone heard of this
[signature]
Buddy of mine sent me some pics of a giant bull taken on one of those elk ranches down that way. Is this it?

[inline image001.jpg]

The thing is - while I'm impressed by the size - I just can't garner up much respect for hunters who kill big elk on a guided hunt on a fenced ranch where you can get any size of elk you want, depending on the size of your wallet.
[signature]
i agree, also cant stand the hunt videos that have 15 guides following the animals day and night for days on end and have some millionare putz fly-in that afternoon and drive up with their gps and shoot it. if it's not on public land and fair chase i am zero % impressed.
[signature]
I am not impressed either. Might as well just drive to the local zoo and shoot one. Funny thing is these rich people call themselves "Hunters".
[signature]

no not the same bull. i need to have him forward me the pic so i can post it. he swears up and doen it was shot in unit 76 fair chase. i just cant imagine a bull of that size not being big news to the hunter world ya know. and i agree, fenced hunting isnt hunting!!!! not at all. no sport in it and no ethics about it. all it is is a free range slaughter house. in prefer my meat to be wild
[signature]
i agree. if a new state record was shot this year we would all hear a ton about it. i am into the hunting scene in idaho pretty deep and i havnt heard a thing about it. but i wont say its not possible im just saying highly unlikely.
[signature]
I know there are some big bulls in the diamond creek area. so it wouldnt really surprise me. But i havent heard anything about a big one like that being shot here in Idaho.
[signature]
FYI I recieved an email on this elk apparently that the gentleman that had shot this elk posted. Take it with a grain of salt, but he said that "I shot him at the Broadmouth Canyon Ranch in
Idaho on August 18. It was a challenging hunt on horse back and foot in
the middle of the Black Foot Mountains of Idaho." I don't know where this is, but this is what he has stated. Anyone want the email, pm me your email address and I will send it on.
[signature]
probably that hunting ranch some football player owns in wolverine canyon (some might call those Blackfoot mountains).
[signature]
canned hunt
[signature]
Rulon Jones , Has a fenced in place east of Firth Idaho . The more you pay the bigger the Elk you get to shoot . They ship most of there farm raised Elk out of Montana . Not much of a record if you ask me . Or look at the size of that guys check book . Curt G.
[signature]
yep, turns out it was one og rulons pet elk. challenging or not its cheap and distastefull in my book... could be just cause i cant afford it[Wink] ha, still couldnt be proud in shooting it though. i did spend enough money in gas this year and fixing my truck that i coulda payed those good ole boys to tie a 500 to a tree and carry me to it on a couch while eating cheetos and listining to groban sing bout christmas.. haha. hope yall had a great season. time to chase lions now!!!!
[signature]
not a pet elk. my uncle shipped the elk from a special farm out of canada. he had to get a special cow trailer with the top cut off so it would fit in the stupid thing. the acres that he has is in wolverine canyon area and has well over 20000 acres. fence or not good luck finding an elk in that many acres. they hunted on horse back for 6 days straight to find a shooter. so ya he might have paid alot to shoot it, but still a hard hunt.
[signature]
A"bought elk" is a "bought elk". Doesn't matter what you call it.
[signature]
yeah over 20000 acres that we use to hunt the tar out of and spend lots of time backpacking. good for him though. may be a hard hunt but u still go in knowing for a fact the elk are in there. i imagine ol rulon wont let his customers go home empt handed for he gets more money for the bigger ones anyway. buis is buis they know where the elk are.
[signature]
im sorry, but anytime you say "shipped an elk", and "farm" you probably should not throw the word "hunt" in with it. doesnt matter how many acres the "high fences" cover. to each his own, but i'd melt my barrels down before i'd ever consider doing something like that. did they at least remove the tag from it's ear before the "hunt"[Wink] not ragging on you, but these kind of operations make me sick!!!
[signature]
[quote idahoron]canned hunt[/quote]

exactly, which is why, unfortunatly, i gave up hunting
[signature]
Koch,

I'm not sure I get your point.
[signature]

i wonder if i bring carrots and oats with me if those elk will walk up to me like my horse.[Wink]
[signature]
This picture looks "enhanced" to me.
[signature]