Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport 2-12-11
Took advantage of the sunny weather and packed my 2 girls up to the port this last Saturday.

weather was nice, ice was 12 to 14 inches thick no water temps this time, finder was on the fritz and the screen didnt want to display. I estimate we were over about 50 to 60 feet of water, we fished the corner of the lake about 150 maybe 200 yards out from the potty at the dam on a line toward the boat ramp.

arrived at approx 9am, walked on out, the kids started to play right away in the two inches of "loose" snow over the harder crusty 3 inches on top of the ice. buddy showed up at 10:30 or so. and we waited, checked bait, waited some more....nodda. few hits, but didnt get a hook in them. buddy packed up and left about 1:30 and headed out... about 2:30 WHACK!!! fish on, only fish of the day, went about 3 inches longer than my size 13 boot... only measure device I had with me...except the dora pole...

all in all, great day-o with the kidd-os and they had fun till we packed it in at 3pm trout in hand.

the "cutt bow" (??) this fish was all rainbow except for the cutt markings on his lower jaw, any how he hit about 20 feet deep over the previously mentioned depth. used a white jig, with a pink atomic ant above about 12 inches, tipped with FLO. Orange gulp alive fish fry... I shoudl have tried the orange sooner, but I was playing with crawler and pink gulp(regular) maggots or asticots as the jar says.
[signature]
[quote BADFISH] I shoudl have tried the orange sooner, but... [/quote]

man, how many times have I said something like that.
[signature]
We fished Rockport on Saturday also from 3pm until around 7pm. Everything we caught were rainbows. Most fish we graphed were between 6 and 12 feet with a few around 30 feet deep. We paid the fee and went on the other side of the lake in order to get away from the crowds. Had our best luck off smaller green grubs and paddle bugs. We ended up taking 6 home and put the rest back for another day.
[signature]