Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zona Hooks Up With G.Loomis Rods, Shimano Reels, Powerpro Braid
IRVINE, California- He says it's an awesome opportunity to partner up with the company behind the rods and reels he's been using most of his fishing life. Bassmaster television host and host of his own show on the Outdoor Channel, noted angler Mark Zona is now using G.Loomis rods, Shimano reels and PowerPro braid in all his fishing adventures, announces Chris Hess, marketing manager for Shimano American Corp.'s fishing tackle division.

"And while Mark is excited to be involved with all our fishing brands, we couldn't be more pleased having him on the water, on the air and at events getting folks excited about fishing for smallmouth and largemouth bass," Hess said. "We look forward to his input on all our G.Loomis, Shimano and PowerPro tackle - both from his own experiences and from the interaction he has with bass anglers nationwide."

Zona notes that he learned how to use baitcasting reels with Shimano Bantam and Black Magnum reels, and "I cut my teeth on G.Loomis rods from knowing and fishing with their reps - who all seem to be great bass anglers - in southwest Michigan and northern Indiana," Mark said. "And as much fun as I have filming my TV show, I'm very adamant and serious about catching fish - let me just say my G.Loomis rods and Shimano reels provide with me with a comfort level that helps me sleep better at night!"

A key point for wanting to be involved with G.Loomis and Shimano are the people at the company. "Everyone I have meet, from the company president, product development guys, marketing staff, you name it, they are all avid anglers," said Zona. "They are out on the water, fishing hard, learning and experimenting with new techniques - it's really a culture with that company - and one I want to be involved with."

Zona is using NRX bass rods from G.Loomis, teaming them up with Shimano Core baitcasting reels and Stradic Ci4 spinning reels - spooled of course with PowerPro braided line. He entertains anglers - and teaches a few things - every Friday night on 'Zona's Awesome Fishing Show' airing at 8pm EST on the Outdoor Channel.

Media Contact

Zona's Awesome Fishing Show -- www.markzona.com<br />
Shimano rods, reel, gear -- fish.shimano.com<br />
G.Loomis rods -- www.gloomis.com<br />
PowerPro braided fishing line -- www.powerpro.com