Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ditto to what TubeDude said
I can only echo what TD said in his usual very thorough post. The shoot through the ice feature is handy and a real time saver.
Marcum's vertical display makes it easy to see targets and your lure even in very deep lakes. I've used mine at the Gorge in 85 feet of water and I could easily see my 3/8 oz. tube jig just off the bottom while fishing for macs.

I like the bright clear screen and the range of sensitivity settings. I have often been fishing just off the bottom at Starvation in 45 to 55 feet of water for perch and I've seen trout cruise through at 20 feet. I reel up quickly and I have been able to add several Starvation Steelhead to my smoker stash.

My Showdown is now three seasons old. I sent it back to Marcum in November for their upgrade service to the new 5.6 software program found on the new units. The performance is better and the noise cancelling is very effective in reducing interference from other nearby electronic devices.

If you decide to get the Showdown, I know you will enjoy the features and performance. The other types of depth finders work well, I just don't like to watch the spinning dials and listen to the hum of the motors.

Good luck.

Mike

If you do buy one of the Showdowns, you might want to make a TubeDude inspired stand for the unit to keep it at eye level and to keep it out of the snow and slush.

[Image: IMG_1752.jpg?t=1299436067]
[signature]