Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 3-12-2011
Well here is the report from scofield. There is still plenty of ice near 18" or more. Then there is about 18 inches of snow, on top of the ice. Early in the morning it was crusty enought to walk on the surface but when we left at about 1 pm you would sink in about 6-8 inches. There was not really any slush that I could tell. I wish I would have had a steel tape measure to get a distance of top of snow to bottom of ice what ever the depth was my auger engine was almost to the snow surface before it broke into the water.
As for the fishing. It was pretty slow we managed to scratch a few to the surface about 18 total in 3 hours, but the kids had fun. My 5 year old is starting to get it he caught 4 all by him self including putting the meal worm on the jig, and letting the line down the hole. The baits that work today were white or chartruess green tubes tiped with a meal worm.
The weather was awsome, sat in the sun in just hoodies, no wind till be left. All in all it was a great day to wrap up my ice fishing season. Hope to get out next year more than I did this year.
[signature]
Got to love fishing with the kids! I usually get all my fishing instructions from my 5 yr. He now KNOWS he is a professional ice fisherman now. He loves to tell me how to fish and catch the big ones like him. Watching and being with my kids is more fun than the fishing i think??
[signature]