Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
making your own plastics
I posted this in the jig making forum but I know there are more people here that do this so I am reposting here.

Just decided to start making my own plastics and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on techniques they have learned that work well. I have already learned that if you don't use the right kind of glitter you just end up coloring the plastic whatever color the glitter was. Luckily that will still work fine for the first batch I made. Also I am living in southern california and would love to fish more in the ocean so any suggestions on colors that work well for surf or deep sea fishing would be great. If anyone has any killer color combos that they would like to share that would be great or if anyone knows any areas they would like to suggest that would be cool too I live in Ontario, California. well I don't want to deviate too far from what I was originally posting so I had better stop there, Thanks in advance for any advice,
Jed Burton
[signature]
Send [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/community/community.cgi?do=user_page;pg=user_profile_view.html;username=trfishin"]my buddy in Wyoming[/url] a PM. He is a super nice guy who knows a ton about making plastics. I am sure he would be glad to help you out.
[signature]
Hey thanks fishkillr I have learned alot so far and always experimenting with new stuff to. I sent jed pm with some info a while back.

I would suggest for salt water to make see if there are any websites out your way in california that have guys making plastic baits for salt water that might be able to give you some info on what colors to try to make up and catch some fish
[signature]
well i use to fish lot inthe ocean dow cal. when i live there are surf fishing or going out on a boat ? i pour my own worm and swim bait when i live there . p m me i will give some colors
[signature]
[#804000]PM sent.[/#804000]
[signature]