Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ICE FISHING
It's almost time-just 2 months left till ice up on 11-Mile.It's gonna be great again this year I CAN HARDLY WAIT.
[signature]
hey slayerfish, good to see ya posting on your home board.

welcome to bigfishtackle.

I was wondering when we would see a hard water angler from colorado.

what are you targeting?
[signature]
Historically its been trout-but the last 3 or 4 years ive been trying the warm water stuff.Ive been catching lots of perch and i get more walleyes every year,so I feel good about that! Its tough catching eyes where there arent a lot of lakes to choose from.Its not from lack of trying though-I ice fish about 35 days a season.
[signature]
do you guys have any ice fishing derbies, big or small?
[signature]
There's a couple of 'em.The biggest is on Granby res. 10K for the biggest mack over 48 inches. There's a couple on 11-mile res.2or 3 grand for trout and pike.There is'nt as many as there used to be.My buddy and I won several on 11-mile but not in the last 2 yrs.I dont think any of note for eyes and stuff.
[signature]
thats outstanding, I am jellous all over again[shocked]

I am surprized michigan dosnt have any contest to rivel those of other states, or if they do, I haven't found them as yet. we realy only have one major contest at houghton lake. usualy around the last couple weeks in january, I haven't made it in years but still buy my badge for the big drawings by mail. nothing to match your prizes.[Tongue]

keep us posted how things go, I would like to hear the results of those contest if you come across them.
[signature]