Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uinta's and ATV's
Any recommendations for some high uintah atv trails? I want to plan a couple trips with my wife to get into the back county via atv trails for some action on the rod.
[signature]
Talk to the National Forest folks up there and get the maps of the trails/roads that allow ATV's. There are a lot of roads you'd expect it to be okay on that it is not okay to ride them. And many campgrounds don't allow them either. So know before you go. Get the maps.

Once you have the maps it will be easy to plan.
[signature]
Most of the trails I'm familiar with are not ATV compatible. Maybe some of the more major trails... but nothing real remote that I know of.
[signature]
As you probable know the High Uinitas Wilderness Area isn't open to ATVs. Most of the Uintas fishing areas that are accessible by ATV are easier and quicker to reach by a vehicle and you'll just be inhaling a lot of dust when they pass you. My suggestion is to go to the Yellowstone ATV trail north of Mountain Home, UT. Good fishing and camping in the area and won't have to compete with cars so much. Over 40 miles of ATV only trails. The other suggestion is to pick some really rough poorly maintained roads in the Uintas where getting there by ATV is easier than in most vehicles. Murdoch Basin would be a good example. If you start a couple miles back off HWY 150 (there is a big gravel parking area perfect for vehicles with trailers) most vehicles will be crawling along much of the way after this. Several good lakes in the area and you can also access the Upper Duchesne River off on a side road.
[signature]
Thanks guys. I'd really like to get some good places to get away with my wife and get her into some good fishing in the backcountry. If anybody else has any suggestion please either post or pm me.
[signature]
I say leave the atv and grab a pack, and we will find some great fishing. [Smile]
[signature]